DIRECT ANTERIOR APPROACH
The Direct Anterior Approach: A Breakthrough Technique for Hip Replacement Surgery
Why Muscle Damage Matters in Hip Replacement Surgery
- In conventional hip replacement techniques, the surgeon detaches muscles and tendons from the hip bone to access the joint.
- Detaching the gluteal and abductor muscles leads to more pain, stiffness, weakness, and prolonged recovery.
- The altered mechanics can cause a limp or abnormal gait pattern.
- Detached muscles cannot dynamically stabilize the new hip joint, increasing dislocation risk.
Why the Direct Anterior Hip Technique is a Game Changer
- With the anterior approach, the hip joint is replaced through a small incision at the front of the hip.
- The surgeon carefully separates the muscles along natural tissue planes rather than cutting them.
- Key benefits:
- Less pain
- Faster recovery
- Lower dislocation risk
- More natural gait
- Smaller scar
Expert Surgeon Dr. Herrick Siegel Specializes in the Direct Anterior Hip Technique
- Performing the anterior approach requires technical mastery beyond traditional methods.
- Dr. Herrick J. Siegel has specialized expertise in the direct anterior hip approach.
- His skills include:
- Meticulous exposure of the hip joint
- State-of-the-art orthopaedic instruments
- Computer navigation technology
- Custom cutting guides
- Specialized implant components
Is the Minimally Invasive Direct Anterior Hip Replacement Right for You?
- If you have debilitating hip arthritis, anterior hip replacement can offer renewed mobility and freedom from pain.
- This procedure allows quick return to normal activities with natural movement and stability.
- You may be a candidate if:
- Everyday activities are difficult due to hip arthritis
- Pain persists despite conservative treatments
- Pain is reducing your quality of life
- X-rays show severe joint damage
- You are committed to necessary rehabilitation
- You want a minimally invasive approach
Schedule a Consultation with Birmingham's Foremost Expert in Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Call Siegel Orthopaedics to schedule with Dr. Herrick J. Siegel, an internationally renowned orthopaedic surgeon.
- With his expertise, you can expect:
- Rapid recovery
- Natural movement free of limitations
- Long-lasting results
- Regain your active lifestyle and independence again!
To learn more about the range of orthopaedic options available to you, contact Dr. Herrick J. Siegel at 205-930-8339.